- Are you experienced in B2B sales and want to the opportunity to grow your income?
- Are you a self-starter who wants a position where you control your own future?
- Do you want to work for a family-owned business where your skills and abilities will be noticed and rewarded?
Tri-State Wholesale Flooring (TSF) is a family-owned company that has seen over 25 years of explosive growth representing many of the leading manufacturers of designer flooring products. We’re looking for an ambitious and energetic Territory Manager to lead our sales effort in southeast South Dakota, and eastern Nebraska including the Sioux City and Omaha/Lincoln, NE areas..
A strong candidate will have proven success in driving sales growth with established and new retail accounts. Day to day activities will be visiting retail stores, promoting and educating our customers’ retail staff and their contractors on the various attributes of our products and services. A successful candidate will also be independently self-motivated, able to manage professional relationships effectively and connect easily to motivate customers and business partners. We are seeking a person who values ongoing professional development.
Here's what you’ll do:
- Develop customer loyalty by calling on customers through regular phone calls, site visits, social events and company trips according to weekly call plan and overall sales plan for the territory.
- Provide a high level of customer service by daily responding to customer needs, monitoring sales for accuracy and maintaining a supply of product literature and samples for the territory.
- Promote, sell and setup retail merchandising systems in stores along with needed product training.
- Plan, carry out and support marketing activities and integrate personal sales efforts with other organized marketing activities, i.e. product launches, promotions and product training demonstrations.
- Support Marketing, Purchasing and the Warehouse in moving aged and discontinued inventory by presenting promotions to customers, and being present at all company wide and territory specific promotional events.
- Document and maintain customer data regarding contact names and information, product display placement, special pricing (negotiated/programmed), and general stocking programs.
- Support customers by promptly reporting customer claims, complaints, and supporting the returns process.
- Work with management to develop annual sales projections and monthly report on sales activities reforecasting as needed.
- Professionally develop an intentional, relational sales approach that identifies customer's needs, develops promotional programs as needed, offers persuasive presentations, overcomes objections, and closes the sale.
- Develop new revenue streams by strategically calling on potential new customers through both cold calling, research, and referrals.
- Develop new revenue streams by assisting architects, designers, and larger companies with their project development.
- Maintain a professional image with all customers (existing/potential), vendors, and the general public through a professional attitude and appearance to include maintaining all company provided sales tools (phones, electronics, vehicles).
- Collaborate with management, sales and business partners to develop marketing strategies to increase revenue with available products and services.
- Support Accounting Department by monitoring customer's ability to stay current.
- Accurately manage and report sales expenses according to company policy.
- And More!
- Travel is necessary to meet with customers, partners and potential vendors. Our successful Territory Managers travel every day, and average 2 – 3 overnights on the road each week. Candidate must a have clean driving record and a valid driver’s license.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Prefer minimum five years' experience in sales, preferably direct field sales business to business.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously. Working in an industry with a focus on interior design is a plus.
- Motivated self-starter with a positive attitude; able to work independently and under pressure to meet customer expectations. Respond to all calls and communicate within an 18-hour period.
- Team player, who works well with customers, vendors, third-party firms and team members of all levels and backgrounds.
- Ability to meet core computer competencies. Proven skill with general office equipment and email communication. Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel competencies are required. Proven competencies in working with smartphones and tablets are required.
- Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact, influence and negotiate with internal and external audiences and business contacts, at all organizational levels. Ability to successfully negotiate while maintaining relationships.
- Candidate that lives in or near the Omaha/Lincoln area is preferred.
Bonus points for:
- Previous experience relating to flooring or flooring products
Here are some of the perks we offer:
- Commission-based position where you are in control of pricing
- Comprehensive benefit package including health with a healthcare savings account, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- 401(k) plan with employer match and profit sharing
- Payroll deduction for supplemental insurance plans
- Discounts on flooring
- And more!
If you’re looking for a place where your skills and ideas are valued and where you can advance your career, apply now!
Tri-State Wholesale Flooring is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.